Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: MAV1755AWW  (Read 778 times)

Offline ejarick

• Technician
MAV1755AWW
« on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »

OK refresh my memory, MAV1755AWW, overflowed, then it would not spin. The cam would not ride all the way up to completley disengage the brake. When you turn the drive pulley by hand the cam just turns with the pulley. I removed everything down to the thrust washer, cleaned, and reassembled, and there is not enough room to get the E clip back on. Is something worn enough to not allow space for the washer above the clip?  Frustrated, ED

Offline bud

• Technician
Re: MAV1755AWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »
If it was wore out there should be too much space. I usually replace the thrust bearing kit pt#12002213. I lube the cam and bearing. If the cam is not sliding up it won't release the brake. I have sometimes not put all the washers in so I can get the clip on, turn the pulley to release the brake, then put a spacer between the brake and the cover (that keeps the spring compressed just enough to allow the clip to go on easier), reapply the brake, take the clip off, reinstall all the washers, turn the pulley to release the brake and take out my spacer. (If my memory serves me correctly)

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: MAV1755AWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
Worn out brakes.