Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Desperate help needed (Kenmore he2 front loader 110.47531701 - Whirlpool Duet)  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Pastorgreg

• Technician

I am trying to help a customer with a Kenmore he2 front load washer. When powered up, and the start button selected, the unit would show that the door lock would actuate, but it would not go into cycle.  It would not even allow the unit to be powered off without unplugging. The only diagnostics that I was able to complete was the service history mode which only showed a F24 (temp sensor) error. I did not believe that that error code should be causing the lock up of the unit.  I have checked connectors, etc.  I then turned to the door lock, and ultimately replaced it.  That did not solve the problem.  I consulted with a senior technician in another state, and we both concluded that something had to have malfunctioned in the CCU. I replaced it yesterday, and the problem is still not solved. Now, with the new board, when you power up, and press the start button, the door lock light with not come on, but if you hit the power button, it then lights up.  Even with it not lit, the door lock will not release and you have to manually open the lock.  I am now thinking the user interface may be the problem, but I cannot keep putting parts on this unit to no avail, and my and the customer's loss.  ANY help would be most appreciated.

Offline deekin

• Technician
Check for power down to the MCU, check motor winding's and for wire breaks in motor harness.

Offline Pastorgreg

• Technician
Thanks for that info. I will check those points. I found the manual finally that gave what the correct readings should be.

Offline curjones

• Technician
  • Service Tech, Owner
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
have made it a point when it comes to lid locks and boards.. to check the neutral path wire, connections.. and what I will call a neutral out put from board.. through the lock switch.

on the vertical modular washer for example.. the board must have a neutral out put.. going out and when the lid locks, it closes the contact which then feeds back the confirmation.. lid is locked..
I have had several where the lid solenoid locked.
but the board did not get the N signal back.

in this case the control board is the problem..  not sure if this duet is wired the same way.. (you have new board so it should be good)

but if like suggested above the Neutral is broke, has bad contact,, wire,  the unit is not going to run..  wiggle them wires good around the connector as you ohm them out..  dont get in a hurry,, test them several times.. 
war story:::   had one on a pump test good.. put it back on and pump worked part of the time..

has a two blade knife push in the wire.. one secures as a strain relief while second is suppose to connect terminal.. I found upon inspecting the inside connections of terminal.. one wire broke..  ohm check.. good when wire was straight in my hand

this is just general things to check that the manual does not describe..
About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack(diet coke in my case) . The small green square=personal message.

Offline Pastorgreg

• Technician
Thanks for that great info.  I spent a great deal of time with this machine testing EVERYTHING according to the specs in the manual. Everything checked fine (motor windings, door lock, inlet valve, line switch, etc.). I will put this to use. Thanks again!

Offline Pastorgreg

• Technician
I completed the test on the neutral from the CCU to the door lock, and all connectors appeared ok. I tested the wire itself with the meter and it tested fine even after move it wiggling it several ways. This one has had me completely puzzled.

Offline bud

• Technician
Have you checked the pressure switch. Several of those WP built FL washers won't unlock the door if it THINKS the tub is full of water.

Whirlpool duet front loader Control Locked light on

Started by nick11

Replies: 6
Views: 10959
Last post September 21, 2008, 04:18:42 PM
by Al Capone
Video: Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer Water Pump Clean Out.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 11172
Last post November 28, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool Duet Sport Front Load Washer Leaking from the Door

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 21396
Last post May 23, 2013, 08:24:30 PM
by Rick32k
Kenmore/Whirlpool Front loading washer