Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Crosley washer lid lock and spin problems  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Yournamehere90

• VIP Member
Crosley washer lid lock and spin problems
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »

Hi all,
I have a Crosley model caw9244xq0 which I understand is a vmw type washing machine by Whirlpool. My problems began when it would not properly drain clothes. I checked the pump and hoses for debris and all is well. After a wash cycle the clothes were dripping wet and not against the sides indicating no proper spin cycle. I checked with an empty tub and the machine is in fact spinning though it sounds like its agitating. The drum turns freely by hand. Now I am having the problem that it does not start at all. I hear the lid lock click several times but never actually lock and the lock light flashes and nothing else. Resistance from blue to white, lid closed is 0.2 ohms and it's an open circuit with lid  open as it should be. Yellow to white is 100 ohms also within range. Mechanically the lock is in good condition. Can anyone more knowledgeable provide ideas? Thank you.

Offline Yournamehere90

• VIP Member
Re: Crosley washer lid lock and spin problems
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:31:12 PM »
According to the tech sheet, it looks like the control unit. Anything else to try first?