Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Samsung Dishwasher DW80F600UTS - High Temp Error (smart auto + normal lights)  (Read 14557 times)

Offline paralee

• VIP Member

I'm getting a High Temp error with the smart auto and normal lights flashing on this dishwasher. We were gone on vacation for a week and came back to a smelly dishwasher. My husband tried to fix it with vinegar and some hot water thrown in the bottom and setting the dishwasher to drain. Now, with no water in the dishwasher, we're getting the High Temp error and it won't let us do anything but turn it on and off.

I'm two months out of warranty, so Samsung support says we're on the hook for any repairs. Anyone have any ideas for a fix? Is replacing a sensor an option?

btw: We have had trouble with drain issues (blinking delicate light) with this dishwasher starting at month 3 and thankfully this thread taught me how to clean the ECS sensor every few months to fix that. Not loving this dishwasher so far, but we're stuck with it so I figure it'd be best to learn to fix it rather than buy a new one.

Offline sniperside

• VIP Member
ya, same problem here. high temp heating error (smart+normal blinking). i'm 3 months out of warranty and even after multiple breaker resets, i can't get the disher to start/drain/etc. any idea where the sensor is located? the problem has been intermittent for the last couple weeks. i wish Domain (Technician) could chime in on this. he seems quite knowledge on samsung DW

Offline sniperside

• VIP Member
looks like Domain has already chimed in in this thread
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=15438.msg81413#msg81413

sounds like the dishwasher has to be pulled to replace the ECS sensor on the right panel

Offline paralee

• VIP Member
Yep. That's what we figured too, so we bought a new ECS sensor and replaced it. Everything seems to be working just fine now. $30 for the new sensor is not a bad fix!

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Yay

Offline sniperside

• VIP Member
the $35 part is no problem. disconnecting the drain, electrical, and water supply, then pulling the DW is the pain in my butt. everything else would be cake. time to bite the bullet and thank you all, especially Domain, for the wealth of information

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Welcome :)

Samsung Dishwasher Model:DW80F600UTS (Smart Auto & Heavy) lights blinking.

Started by HotNation

Replies: 12
Views: 6520
Last post May 22, 2016, 03:21:49 PM
by domain
samsung dishwasher dw80f600uts blinking smart auto and heavy

Started by biff70

Replies: 8
Views: 14782
Last post July 18, 2016, 07:51:41 AM
by dman535
Samsung DW80F600UTS Smart Auto light

Started by RandoH

Replies: 3
Views: 2000
Last post May 06, 2016, 09:04:41 AM
by RandoH
Samsung DW Error Code Heavy + Smart Auto

Started by amorican

Replies: 1
Views: 1504
Last post February 07, 2016, 12:52:01 PM
by domain
Samsung DMR78 Dishwasher - 5E error

Started by AJ

Replies: 7
Views: 22371
Last post October 02, 2015, 09:56:14 AM
by WC_MH
Samsung DMR78AHS with Normal, Delicate and Heavy lights on and no display - Help

Started by yotahilux

Replies: 1
Views: 2639
Last post August 06, 2015, 10:37:00 PM
by SuperXIX