Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: window ac  (Read 2118 times)

Offline mountaindew

• VIP Member
window ac
« on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »

I have a arctic king 10.000 btu window ac unit.It is 2 weeks old.After the 1st day I was getting condensation build up and dripping out the drain hole which was good.Ever since then have have no water building up to drip out.I am in Fl and its in the 90s.Should I have water dripping

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: window ac
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
Is there any condensate dripping inside the house?
Does the house face south?
Is the home cool?
If you answered, no, yes, yes. I wouldn't be concerned, just yet.

Offline mountaindew

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
ok,thanks.I wont be concerned yet

Offline Jonhb87

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16:07 AM »
One is the primary condensation drain pipe where the water should continuously drain the condensation during the cooling season and in the winter heating season if you have a high efficiency condensing furnace.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • Caregiver, DIYer
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
You should have water dripping if your house is loose if it is tight and all the humidity is out then you will see less because of less water in the air. You should see some tho. make sure it ain't coming into the house or down the window sill. That's what I would do.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:35:31 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »
new air conditioners have a slinger fan blowing air through condensor, it picks up water in the rear pan and throws it on condensor to increase efficiency. you may have had water dripping when you first turned it on due to high humidity in your home.  when humidity level drops it will stop dripping