Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DV337AER/XAA - Electronic Power??  (Read 2056 times)

Offline AlphaApp

• Technician
    • Lafayette Appliance Repair
Samsung DV337AER/XAA - Electronic Power??
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:57:07 AM »

Samsung electric dryer.  Client complaint is that the unit will turn on, start, run awhile and then go dead for 5-10 minutes -- no lights, no power.  Unit can then be turned on again and the same thing happens.  This isn't mechanical.  As unit has both a control board and a PCB board, which is user interface, I'm leaning to it being the PCB.  The guy lives way out in the country so showing up just to diag is impractical.  Parts are factory order - 3-5 biz days out.  Not sure if I want to order both boards but I don't have enough experience with Samsungs specific to this problem.

Anyone?
Bob Schueler, Owner
Lafayette Appliance Repair
Lafayette, IN
765-491-3487
www.lafayetteappliancerepair.com

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung DV337AER/XAA - Electronic Power??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:23:06 AM »
Check the power cord terminal block on the back of the machine, the power cord where it plugs into the outlet, and the outlet for signs of burning. I've had a few that had a poor connection that caused this same problem.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 12:20:15 PM »
Would definitely check incoming power before any parts to be replaced. Ask if air dry runs longer.... it may be opening loose or burnt connection under load of heat

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
Had one today with a similar problem. The plug was not making very good contact with the outlet.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"