Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: WJRE5550K2WW No spin  (Read 1038 times)

Offline ejarick

• Technician
WJRE5550K2WW No spin
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »

WJRE5550, Wont spin, In diagnostics no error codes, manual test, does everything except in spin test it just agitates. LED on motor controller flashes on/off as in normal operation. Thought maybe the shift er but it does shift in and out of spin/agitate but when you select spin test shift er moves to agitate position.

Offline andyf80

• Technician
Re: WJRE5550K2WW No spin
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »
Hi,
My money is on a bad sifter.
I'd remove the mode shifter/actuator from the machine and actuate the lever (the lever the mode shifter moves from agitate to spin) by hand. If it moves freely by hand back and forth, I'd suspect it's the mode shifter not actuating the lever far enough.

If you keep one on your truck they are cheap enough and easy enough to throw it on there to check.

The fact that it only agitates even in the diagnosis mode points strongly toward that part.

Offline ejarick

• Technician
Re: WJRE5550K2WW No spin
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 07:02:38 AM »
Hi Andy;
Unfortunately the shifter is part of the shaft and shifter assembly,
$150 + Labor, they opted not to repair. Thanks for the reply.
Ed