Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Electric Range no heat, can't find error code meanings anywhere  (Read 27374 times)

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member

thank you
 Just to clarify... the keypad is the glass surface touchpad you're referring to. Technically known as a "switch membrane".   That is the one on the range.

All the buttons beep when I touch them, would that suggest the keypad is good.... hopefully?

Do you need info on how to get to the display board or no?   Yes that would be helpful, if you have time.

I did take out the upper and the rear control boards and look at then for burn marks or leaking capacitors, but saw nothing of consequence.

Also you said there appears to be multiple boards on top... should just be the keypad and display board.  I guess because the  9763042 board up top had two overlapping PCB's that are joined by a ribbon 2 gray ribbon cables at the left side.

Just for the heck of it, better make sure the keypad is firmly connected too.  How do I check for that?  I did unplug and replug in both ends of the  white ribbon cable. same errors.     You hear relays click if you push (along with Start) bake, broil, choice bake, convection, warm, and the convection fan starts up.    The  only thing is the broil numbers in red go from 500 to a messed up looking 244 ( first numeral is messed   it shows in one of my videos) , but if you run the numbers by pressing the temp button the first digits display fine?

So I guess I will just have to wait for the boards to come and the 9763042 to be built.  We did go to Lowes and a Whirlpool range is there with the F 01 displaying  kind of funny.  In your opinion what company is best?  Or are they all about equal?

Your time and help is really appreciated, it is sure helping me out of a tight spot.  I just hope the parts come sooner as I do not want to lose contact with your expertise.    
 :thanks:   ron3033

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Yes you are right that is not our specific keypad, I should have taken the laptop out to compare.   It is out of stock too!  I just can't win

Switch, Membrane Glass
Color: Black. For white use 9763548
by Whirlpool
 $187.26
Out Of Stock
Ships Usually ships within 5 - 6 days

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:04:20 PM by ron3033 »

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
  • www.appliancesavers.com
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Appliance  Savers of Gainesville Florida
I would not replace the keypad. I only posted the link so you could see what a keypad ("switch membrane") looks like separated from the display board. Keypad is least likely to be the problem judging by the sum of your error codes...
The 2 overlapping PCBs are the display board and keypad, correct so you no longer need help getting to display board. The display board is the EOC electronic oven control, which is the one being built. You made sure the keypad was firmly connected by unplugging and replugging the grey ribbon cables. You've done all you can for now.. wait on boards, try them out. When the time comes, update on the forum please and I will see your post. And Viking is the best, but the price is up there and parts are not easily found... trying to save money? Go with an older range, they're very dependable.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:26:28 PM by Appliance Savers »

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
One last thing. If I've confused you anywhere, just ask about it and I will try to clarify. The display board is the one with the quartz... the rectangular one being built for you. That is the most likely culprit judging by the recorded errors.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:57:18 PM by Appliance Savers »

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool Electric Range no heat, can't find error code meanings anywhere
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »
Thank so much Appliance Savers   :thanks:  I will certainly keep you up to date as parts arrive and I put them into place and test it out.  I do check the posted forum often.  There is often some interesting things to read & find how they are fixed, and now I am participating.

I do hope the boards come sooner, but I will have the rear board first and will try it & await the build/arrival of the upper board.  I did push firmly on the ribbon cable to seat it.  Got same errors when tried it.

If I think of anything I will post here.
Thanks again   ron3033

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Hello Appliance Savers

I got the big main board, and will try it Monday and let you know.  It was very poorly wrapped and the box was squashed on one end a bit.  I did email AppliancePros and tell them about the poor shipping.  Let You Know what I get, other board with the clock still back ordered.

Thanks
ron3033

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 06:37:47 AM »
Thanks, keep us posted

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »
Good Morning Appliance Savers

Swapped out the Large behind oven control board, same codes as in my video.  I let it sit for 10 minutes and went back and got same thing again...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XcHCb9kGho&feature=player_embedded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EYSiw9b00o&feature=player_embedded
Even got the weird broil numerals in red again as per my previous video and pictures.

[/So I guess my next action will be to wait for the new clock control board to be made and try it.  I would think I best replace my original circuit board then try the upper board?  If that does not work, try both new boards together?b]  I am hoping the one board will do it.  As you know I am in Canada, so there is 30 to 35% currency exchange and my pick up fee in USA.  But with your expertise we will get it working.

Thanks
ron3033    :thanks:

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »
Yup.. the display control needs replacement. Thanks for update. Keep me posted.

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 09:54:50 AM »
Will do!  Thanks Sir

Happy Labour Day to all!

ron3033

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
This is the correspondence I got about the back ordered part.  So it may be a bit of a wait.

This is Ashlee with Customer Service. You placed an order with us on 8/31/2015 (order # xxxxxxx). This email is to let you know that part # xxxxxx (Control, Range) is currently on national vendor back order. At this time, the manufacturer is not able to supply an estimated time of arrival for when we can expect the part to be received at our warehouse. We apologize for this unexpected delay and will keep you posted with any additional information we are provided.
I'm so sorry! We still don't have a date, but we will email you with one as soon as we do. I'm sorry about that.
Thank you for using the services of our site.
--
RE:
Do you have any reply back from your supplier when this board is being built and sent to you?

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »
Hi, sorry I didn't check my email or forum yesterday. I got a little busy...the email you received is just a reply to your requested update... they are not able to say when it will be until the display board has shipped from across seas and they have a tracking number. The board WILL come, but they must have a tracking number before they can give an exact date. I will be aware of any replies you post on this thread, so just keep us posted.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:55:39 AM by Appliance Savers »

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:15 AM »
Thank You I appreciate the help.    :)

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »
Certainly.

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
Just an Update    Still no part or anticipated date of manufacture  :(   You would think they manufacture would create more when the inventory goes low?

:thanks:
ron3033

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
Since it must bet manufactured first, I'm not sure how long it might take... Sometimes getting a part like this can be a pain in the neck finding and waiting for it, but it should not take much longer.

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »
Hello just an update .....   still no expected date of manufacture for the upper circuit board for the range  :(   :(.

Just wanted to keep you informed.  I will email Appliance Pros to see if they have any more details in a few days.

Again thank you for helping.  Thank goodness for the BBQ, Microwave and pressure cooker while the range oven is not working.

:thanks:   ron3033

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 08:58:07 AM »
If they still don't have an expected date, then it may very well be at least two more weeks. You can try cancelling the order.... then order it from this supplier. I go through them from time to time... it will ship tomorrow or saturday, then be at your doorstep by mid-week...
http://www.universalapplianceparts.com/9763042cntrl-elecns.aspx
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:01:14 AM by Appliance Savers »

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »
Hello Appliance Savers

Well I did email today, no date yet.

The site you gave to me is cheaper, but no returns unless defective board.  If this board did not correct the problem I am stuck with it.  What else could there be?  I tried the big circuit board in the back, the upper range control board (when I get one), the only other thing is the touch membrane (touch pad)?  All wires looked to be intact, tight, no burns... etc. ...   as of my last visit to the back of the range.

I did see this site too, that repairs your board,    http://www.therepairshack.com/   It is that the error codes I got are not the usual Whirlpool error codes ( I think, but I am not sure if there are codes different or I am not seeing it as I am just learning about all this.  :oops: )

My thought would be a new board would likely have parts know to fail corrected.... at least I would hope so??  But it seems repairshack does replace this type of thing.

Just more to think about.  We did look at new ranges, yikes, my budget and pension and my determination is to fix this range prevails.  Also the Mrs. like this one better as it is all black, not black and stainless.

Lots off fun :)
ron3033

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
I understand where you're coming from. I would hate to be the guy to cost you $200 bucks. The safer route of course would be to wait. My professional opinion is that the keypad is the last possible culprit, which answers your question on what else could it be. But the display board is what will turn out to be the problem with your stove. So you have a couple choices, but make this decision with your own wisdom. Choose between possibly saving $80 bucks and a much faster replacement or possibly losing $200 with the gamble.