Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electrolux French door Refrigerator Icemaker "dripping"  (Read 2150 times)

Offline mighkey

• VIP Member
Electrolux French door Refrigerator Icemaker "dripping"
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:30:14 PM »

I have an Electrolux EI23BC35KS4 bottom freezer french door refrigerator.  there is an icemaker in the freezer(works fine) and one in the fridge for the door dispenser.  The one in the top part makes and dispenses ice but it drips slowly from the right side of the icemaker and collects in drips on the bottom eventually falling onto the shelf.  Its new to me but about 5 years old.  Any advice or ideas?  Sorry the pics are rotated, the top is to the left
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:31:14 PM by mighkey »

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Electrolux French door Refrigerator Icemaker "dripping"
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
pull the fridge out of it's location and look at the back wall of the fridge in the location of where the ice room is. Is there water marks or water trails along the back wall around the water line area?
If so, you can't fix the issue.
Fridge needs to be replaced. The insulation has failed in the cabinet is allowing warm moist air in to the fridge and it's forming condensation around the ice room
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:01:51 PM by mz3own »

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »
Do you think that those two are related?

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »
Sorry I just think that is far fetched... I am aware of that issue AND agree of moisture migration but I would suspect a NON closing mullion strip see photo #85.

Offline mighkey

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:23:37 AM »
I checked all of that stuff, i also took the icemaker apart and found a little icicle up top which i assume is the water fill nozzle, removed that and it still does it, it looks as thought it is coming from above the entire unit, not sure if i can remove the whole box or just the insides....thanks for you r help so far