Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Wi-Fi thermostat  (Read 2057 times)

Offline speedbugy

• VIP Member
Wi-Fi thermostat
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

I have a Trane unit with a TCONT802AS32DAA thermostat. I am wanting to install a RTH8580WF thermostat. My old one does not have a C wire, but does have a B wire that hopefully will supply the 24 volts if the instructions are right. The unit is a package heat & a/c. Attached is a picture of my current thermostat and if I can post 2, the new thermostat wall plate. Most of he wires match up, but the ones on the left side do not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Offline speedbugy

• VIP Member
Re: Wi-Fi thermostat
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »
To give a update, I didn't need a professional to install it. I call Honeywell on their help line and they were very helpful. I did have to get a bit more expensive thermostat Model RTH9580WF. My 24 volt wire was there, it was labeled B on my old thermostat. Works like a champ.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Wi-Fi thermostat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 08:16:59 AM »
Good to know, thanks for the update!