Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos new main control board  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Dickens

• VIP Member
Maytag Bravos new main control board
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »

A technician diagnosed that we need a new main control board. Since we had just replaced one last July, we did not want to pay full price. Got one from e-bay, installed it, and the same problems are occurring. Wash cycle starts, and seems to go through all the steps, but does not completely spin out. The lid lock doesn't seem to be working properly either. Model # is MVWX600XW0.

Fault codes are now (with the new control board) F7, E7, F0, & E0. When going through the automatic test mode, everything is fine up to step #11, when nothing happens after that. At step #14, the lid lock light flashes continuously.

Was the problem mis-diagnosed by the technician? Any help is much appreciated!

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Re: Maytag Bravos new main control board
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 09:30:57 PM »
Might be the shift actuator or a broken wire. The service manual is inside the front panel.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline ApplianceAssista

• VIP Member
    • ApplianceAssistant
Re: Maytag Bravos new main control board
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
The F7 E7 code is unable to reach target spin speed so first I would look at the pulley under the washer and make sure that the pulley is tight and the belt is clean and not slipping for some reason. If all that looks good it is probably the actuator.  The actuator has been very common to fail on this washer style...
http://applianceassistant.com/Washer-Repair/Maytag-Centennial/Maytag-Centennial-Washer-Repair-Guide.php
Hope that helps! Good luck!