Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: WTW4900bw0 Washing machine diagnosis help  (Read 3491 times)

Offline coffeechick

• VIP Member
WTW4900bw0 Washing machine diagnosis help
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:20 AM »

I've got a Whirlpool wtw4900bw0, a lot of tabs open, and a lot of confusion. 

Basically, I tried to do a load of laundry last night, and it just refuses to start.  I press 'start', and it goes through the lock test and the first sensing stage, and then it does the blinking lock thing.

I tracked down the blink code information [not that much different from reading the check engine light codes on a slightly older car], and I think I got F2E1 and F7E1. 

I cleared the codes, and ran automatic test mode.  It seemed to complete successfully, although it did release the door lock while the drum was still spinning.

I checked the codes again.  No codes.

But, it's still doing the sensing/blinking lock thing.

So I check codes again, and get what I assume is F7E1 again.  The other code is gone, so that may have been my fault.

I say 'I assume' because I could be wrong about what Sensing-Rinse-Spin-Done then just Done means.

I am not sure how to proceed from here, though.

Offline ApplianceAssista

• VIP Member
    • ApplianceAssistant
Re: WTW4900bw0 Washing machine diagnosis help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:19 AM »
Not sure about the F7 E1 code... I'm guessing it's F5 E1 which is the speed sensor/ actuator fault. Very common on this washer style to have problems and need replacement.
Here is a guide for your washer, how to read error codes etc.
http://applianceassistant.com/Washer-Repair/Whirlpool-Washer-Belt-Drive-Splutch/Whirlpool-Belt-Drive-Washer-Repair-Guide.php
Good news is that if it is the sensor they are very easy to change...
Hope that helps! Good luck!