Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: clock/timer wanted  (Read 1608 times)

Offline 70s Retro Lover

• VIP Member
clock/timer wanted
« on: April 16, 2015, 06:34:13 PM »

Looking for a clock/timer GE part #WB29X5236. 

Have a GE Microwave Cooking Center circa April 1978, model #JHP98G OW I AD, which consists of P7 self cleaning oven, Corningware flat cooktop, microwave, cooktop light and exhaust vent/fan all packaged in one metal unit.  Clock has quit functioning so oven will no longer self clean.  GE does not have this part but they were able to give me the part number to look for at least.  Also looking for the service repair manual for this unit as I will probably need it to fix the clock if I ever find one.

Thanks for your help.

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
Re: clock/timer wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:11:48 PM »
I can't help you, but you might see if you can find it listed somewhere.  If so, there might be a different part number that superseded it, or that it replaced.  Then by looking for that part number, you might find it.

If you can get a parts diagram, you might look for related parts, and check e-bay.  If they have part X, used, they might also have the part you need.

Another thing is seeing what you can get, and find out if it will work.  Sometimes the difference between an existing part, and an NLA part is color, length of knob shaft, or connector size/location.

You may have to dig of 1978, but with patience  you could come up with something.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: clock/timer wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:33:28 PM »
This company says they can rebuild any G.E clock.Check them out. http://generaltimerepairs.com/index.php