Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch E-24 and E-25 Errors  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Bosch E-24 and E-25 Errors
« on: April 10, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »

I have this Bosch Dishwasher #SHE6AP05UC that showing me a E-24 and E-25 Error. New Pump and Motherboard along with no blockage in pump or drain hose, Now water will not fill - checked for broken glass and restriction but did not find any. Anyone happen to know what next?

Offline afterblast

• Technician
Re: Bosch E-24 and E-25 Errors
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
is the float jammed up or perhaps is the switch failed?   If it's draining normally but still giving error codes, and now not filling perhaps it thinks it's full of water?  pretty sure that should just have the regular floatswitch inside if it's an ascenta model rather than the pressure switch/float assembly mounted to the left side that you get on the boschs with the plastic bases....

if you fill it with a bucket does it pump the water out?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:14:16 AM »
Water won't pump out - it starts sloshes the water around and then throws error Codes E24 & E25. Pulled the pump down numerous times to see if anything was jamming pump - nothing. Took pump off and bench tested it ran fine on the bench. Previously the machine ran fine all though the Regular Cycle it washed, pumped out, rinsed then filled but at the last cycle it throws the E24/E25 Code and leaves the final cycle filled with water? New Motherboard and New Pump just replaced. I just ordered up a new Float switch to see if that does it.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »
did anyone take apart the sump assembly at any point? there is a clip that sits on top of the drain pump rotor that is easy to forget and without it the unit won't drain as the clip forms the top part of the rotor housing...

was a common enough problem that bosch threw out a bulletin about it.   

worth mentioning as well that it can take a good bit of force to get it to click into place properly and if it's not clicked down it won't drain well...

last training seminar I was at for bosch they said you should be able to hear an audible click when it locks down with a new clip.. not sure if the older ones will click as distinctly..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:13:04 PM by afterblast »

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
good thought afterblast. HAS to be it. :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
There is definitely the two clips there, I will double check it again in the morning when I get to the shop. I remember it was a Bit_h getting it to clip in and click but is there a sensor in there that senses the click? Why wouldn't it add water if the tub was emptied? I have a float switch on order hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday delivery. I also bench tested the water valves also they tested ok?

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
it doesn't sense the click, it's just if it's not clicked in all the way then it doesn't form the proper housing around the drain pump impeller.    not sure why it wouldn't fill because of this....   what did you end up finding?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 06:17:47 PM »
I received the new micro float switch today and installed no change. I pulled the main pump down (not the drain pump) and found the Main Pump Motor shaft bearing had a lot of play in it. I have a Main Pump Motor on order. Let you know when I get it and install.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »
UPDATE ON THE BOSCH DISHWASHER E24/E25 ERROR - DRAIN ERROR.

I JUST INSTALLED THE NEW MAIN MOTOR (NOT THE DRAIN PUMP - ALREADY REPLACED THAT) RAN TEST CYCLE AND BINGO !!! ALL FIXED - NO ERRORS ANYMORE. LOOKS LIKE THE MAIN MOTOR HAD PLAY IN THE SHAFT. ALL GOOD NOW  :cheers:

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 06:46:38 PM »
Thanks for the update.
Could you post the part numbers you used?

Thanks!

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
Bosch Main Pump Part #00669135

My pleasure

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 07:25:44 PM »
 O0

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:35 AM »
never run into one like that, good to know and thanks for sharing

Offline jckoniecki

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »
This was a life saver post! I knew for sure I fixed the E24 problem just to get E25..... :thanks: :cheers:

did anyone take apart the sump assembly at any point? there is a clip that sits on top of the drain pump rotor that is easy to forget and without it the unit won't drain as the clip forms the top part of the rotor housing...

was a common enough problem that bosch threw out a bulletin about it.   

worth mentioning as well that it can take a good bit of force to get it to click into place properly and if it's not clicked down it won't drain well...

last training seminar I was at for bosch they said you should be able to hear an audible click when it locks down with a new clip.. not sure if the older ones will click as distinctly..