Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung refrigerator with a icemaker that will not fill w/water  (Read 1892 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello, got a Samsung refrigerator, model no. RS261MDWP/XAA with s/n. JJ674BBCC00328J made in 12/2012.  The icemaker will not fill with water.  I checked the water valve and it is OK.  Fills with water when I hooked a jumper cord and plugged it into a wall socket.  I replaced the icemaker assembly p.n. DA97-08059A and  it still does not fill with water.  I think it may be in the main control board but I can not check it without a service manual.  If you know the service manual no.  I will be able to download it from the googledrive website.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Tom

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung refrigerator with a icemaker that will not fill w/water
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
remove the ice bin. Press the test button on the bottom of the ice maker. It may take up to 5 mins for it to cycle. Does the ice maker cycle and fill?

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
Yes I did this a few times.  The icemaker will cycle but no water will fill.  I also hooked up a volt meter to the water valve, ran the icemaker thru the test cycle and no voltage is going to the water valve.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:11:30 PM »
Here is the fast track for the fridge. If the ice maker is sending the signal back to the board and the board is not sending the voltage out to the valve you will need the board.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:39:57 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out this week.  I hope it is not the board because I don't think the customer will want to spend any more money on this refrigerator.  She had 3 icemakers replaced already under warranty.  I'll let you know how this turns out.  Thanks again.  Tom

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
I usually see the ice make r harvest, fill, but not harvest again. Test button unresponsive unless you reset the machine. The pub took care of it.  I'd say bad water valve

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »
Well it turns out to be a bad main control board PCB.  I get no power going out to the water valve.  My customer refused to pay any more money to replace it.  She will just have to do without the ice maker working.  Don't you just love Samsung appliances?????

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 05:10:27 PM »
actually i do.  :popcorn: