Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Could use some help with Kenmore Elite 665.16493300 fried circuit board  (Read 20121 times)

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
Re: Could use some help with Kenmore Elite 665.16493300 fried circuit board
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »

The fuse came with the connectors, I'm replacing the burnt spade that attaches to the circuit board in one of the black multi spade plugs.

After test fitting some of the "regular" spade connectors, they seem to fit tight, so I'll probably just go that route.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:35:14 AM by snrusnak »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 08:45:27 AM »
Sounds good, that should work fine.

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
Well that didn't work lol.  None of the connectors I have (nor the local stores) have connectors that have the little tab that locks it into the plastic plug.  Does anyone know where I can buy this specific connector?  I found some online, but there's so many different types I want to make sure I get the right one.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »
I would forget about the plastic plug. I would cut all the wire from the plastic plug, strip the wires and put a new insulated spade them. Then plug each wire back into the board.

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Insulated-Terminalas-Connectors-Wiring

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
Good idea, just went to the store and got some insulated ones with heat shrink, hopefully will have it running in an hour or so...

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
Here's what i did, got some nice heat shrink individual spades.  Got rid of the plastic connector.  It's running right now, seems like it's working fine.  Thanks for the help!  Cost me almost $200 but hey I got my really nice dishwasher back vs spending double that or more.  And I learned a thing or two (ok, maybe 1.5 things...).

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
Looks good, thanks for the update!

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »
Well if it's not one thing it's another...

The tub at the bottom is leaking where the SS shell meets the bottom plastic housing for the motor and pump, etc.  I hope I'm able to fix this, otherwise I just wasted a lot of money...

Luckily the previous owner (he actually built the house himself) put in a seamless metal pan under the DW, so the little bit of water that was leaking never made it to the cabinets or wood floor.

Can anyone give me any tips on this?  Does that plastic housing come apart and there is just a seal that needs replaced?  Or should I start a new thread for this problem?  Thanks!

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »
There is the sump seal.If it was setting and not being used for awhile its possible it could expand again from the hot water but not likely.This is the sump seal part number. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-gasket-pump-sump-8268395-ap3039162.html

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 06:36:54 PM »
Thanks!  Figured a seal wouldn't be TOO expensive.  Can anyone give any general tips on how the sump comes off the shell?  I really appreciate this forum now haha

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 06:51:18 PM »
Awesome, will pull it apart tomorrow after work.  Looks pretty simple.  :thanks:

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
I took the dishwasher apart this evening, some other things came up over the past week (tons of rain here, some flooding in a friends house so was helping with that).  The seal looks perfect, so I don't think that's the issue.  Either it wasn't clean when installed (previous owner told me his father in law had replaced the pump at one point, so maybe it wasn't cleaned and had a bad seal).  The only other thing I can think of is the 3 clips that hold the pump housing to the dishwasher shell, well, one of them is sort of compacted.  So maybe that one was loose causing the leak.  It has little rubber feet where on the other two the rubber feet stick straight out, but on the third one they are smashed flat.  Can I buy just this part?  What is the name of these 3 clips?  Thanks!

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 07:56:33 PM »
holy moly! lol.  $30ish after shipping.  Well, I wonder if I can bend those rubber feet straight with a heat gun....???

Worst case, if I need to buy it and it gets the washer up and going it's still worth it.

Thanks for all the help again! :cheers:

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
I'm back from travelling and got the new clip in, seems to have fixed the leak.  YAY!

BUT

everything comes in 3's right...lol.  When I run the DW, the "normal wash" button is often hard to get to register.  Also, it's showing "4 hour delay" no matter what when it's running.  I don't think this is correct...even looked in the instructions that the previous owner of the house left me.

Thoughts?  ...it does seem to run fine, just doesn't make sense about the controls...

[attachment auto deleted after 5 years by admin]

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
I don't get it....lol.  now the start and cancel buttons seem to do nothing during a cycle, but the 4 hour delay is now no lit up. 

Offline Eddy

• Technician
Turn off power...wait 10 minutes...plug back in...press cancel button twice...did this work?
If not replace bad control panel.
still beating the drum

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
Nope didn't change anything....when you say replace bad control panel, is that the control panel that conatins the buttons, or the circuit board that I already replaced earlier in this thread?

I found that if I press the buttons in a certain sequence I can get it to do the wash that I want it to do (even though it doesn' make sense and the lights don't illuminate correctly).  So I think at this point I've spent several hundred dollars on this repair and it runs fine, although not sensibly, I think I'm going to stop spending money on it....  If it quits again and needs another circuit board I'll buy another dishwasher...

Offline snrusnak

• VIP Member
Thanks for all the help, by the way, this is a very good forum and has nice and helpful people.  I hate when people's responses are along the lines of "call a pro".  Obviously I'm researching online because I can't afford to call a technician lol.

I'm thinking what might have happened is that the board I bought was a superseded part number, that was supposedly compatible, but I'm thinking there is some difference.  It is almost identical but looks ever so slightly different.  Maybe it is technically for a similar, yet different model D/W, and that's why there's issues with the buttons.  I know there are other models like mine that are basically identical but contain a few more buttons/options...