Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Washer MAH4000AWW Timer Knob Does Not Stop, Runs Cycle Within Minutes  (Read 1014 times)

Offline cochese99

• VIP Member

I have an old (yes, very old) Maytag Neptune Washer (MAH4000AWW), and I am by no means a repairman, though last year I was able to replace the wax motor and control board to deal with the door lock, spin issue.
I just went to run a cycle and it ran through the normal cycle in about 3 minutes. Then I noticed that that the timer knob kept running and would try to start the next cycle on the dial, even without hitting the start/stop button. I can unplug the unit and still hear the dial trying to turn until it dies out, but then if I plug the unit the timer starts to turn again. Hopefully just a tension spring or something of that nature?
Thoughts, ideas?

Offline cochese99

• VIP Member
UPDATE:
Was thinking it was a bad timer, but I got a new one and nothing. When I hit run it will fill and begin filling/washing, but that's it. It turns off without going through the cycle, but I can manually turn the timer knob and it will run though the cycles normally. Though I don't really want to stand there and keep nudging it forward every time I do a load of laundry.

Looked at the control board and nothing appears to be burned out, but maybe something went bad? Hope someone may have some thoughts. Thanks!!!