Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen Washer squeeks in agitate mode  (Read 1140 times)

Offline johnnason

• Technician
Speed Queen Washer squeeks in agitate mode
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »

Hey techs,

I have a Speed Queen top load washer model #AWS45NW. It has a high pitched squeal in the agitate mode. I didn't notice it when run without laundry but with a load it's noticeable. I talked to the techline at Alliance laundry and he said to add another plastic washer to the trans drive pulley. He said to put the metal washer in between two plastic washers. The plastic washer parts number is 35535. He also said you can bust the old pulley off and replace it with some sort of new pulley that can be put on without flipping the machine upside down? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem/repair? What is the part number of the new pulley? He said my parts supplier's lookup would convert to the new number, it did not. I've tried calling the techline back the last three days and can't get thru.

Thanks

Offline GGATCH

• VIP Member
Re: Speed Queen Washer squeeks in agitate mode
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »
The new pulley is slotted so after removing the helix you lower the pulley a bit and slide the input shaft through the slot. 202795