Kenmore front load washing machine, model #402.49032012Problem:
When running a hot cycle, no water enters the drum.Background:
This machine is currently in my garage where I don't have proper washer/dryer hookups. It's there because I was cleaning mold from the gasket and mildew smell prior to selling it, and was running some cycles through it to rinse it out. It's currently connected to only my water heater via a single garden hose. It worked fine on the cold setting when that hose was plugged into the cold inlet, but I can't get any water when the hose is plugged into the hot inlet and I run a hot cycle. This unit has sat unused for about a year, but as far as I know, the hot water was working when it was last used.
Notes about what I've already tried:
1) I've unpluged the internal hose that connects the hot water inlet valve to the soap box and verified there are no restrictions there.
2) I've inspected the inline filter at the hot inlet, which is clear.
3) I've swapped the hot/cold electrical leads on the inlet valves and ran a "cold" cycle to verify the hot inlet valve works fine, and water comes out the internal hose just past the inlet valve. (I also reverted this change, its back to normal now)
4) I've entered the quick test mode function of the washer, and successfully opened the hot inlet valve via test mode.
5) I've measured the thermistor, and it seems to function properly, though I couldn't find anywhere online to tell me the exact values it should have. In my cold (~50* F) garage, it shows between 15k and 19k depending on the exact temperature, and slowly and evenly goes down in resistance as I heat up the probe.
Since I'm trying to sell this washer (it came with the house we bought), I don't want to sink a bunch of money into throwing parts at it, but I'd love some advice on how to pinpoint the problem via diagnostics.
Thanks in advance for any help!