Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: General question  (Read 608 times)

Offline aazg4

• Technician
General question
« on: January 04, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »

Is anyone aware of any refrigerators that have an issue of the compressor continuing  to run while in defrost. If so what make and model.  What has been observed as symptoms.  If there is evaporator freezing up issue what does the freeze/thaw pattern look like.  The reason I am asking is that I have seen some evaporator freeze issues that resemble a cross between a defrost issue and a sealed system issue.  The frost pattern does not actually match either one..  the evaporator is generally frozen on top half and clear on bottom half but what I am seeing that throws me off somewhat is the area between the clear evap and frosted over evaporator is solid ice clear glass looking ice and  I was considering the possibility that the compressor may be staying on during defrost on certain models.  Any ideas would be great

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: General question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
only time I have seen this issue is with the jazzy boards. Once they fail they can run the cooling and defrost at the same time.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My knees hurt
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:01:57 PM »
Same here. The only time I see this is on the Maytag/Whirlpool models with the JAZZ board.
LowSL2
15+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:36:12 AM »
Ditto, Jazz board compressor relay fuses close thus causes comp to run all the time.   Your ice cream becomes rock hard.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service