Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag MAH4000AWW Neptune does not spin any cycle  (Read 2277 times)

Offline FerndaleSteve

• VIP Member
Maytag MAH4000AWW Neptune does not spin any cycle
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »

My Maytag Neptune recently stopped spinning.  I tried the regular and quick cycles and no spin.  I looked at the Control Board the R11 capacitor looks fine no signs of any scorch marks.  The lock light comes up but not until part way through the first wash cycle, it also takes several minutes after the the washer stops for it to go off and the door unlocks, any suggestions?

Offline Bailey

• Technician
Re: Maytag MAH4000AWW Neptune does not spin any cycle
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:58:39 PM »
On the door latch is a switch called the spin enable switch. The wax motor pushes the switch after it has locked the door. You will have to lift the top to check it. With the top up, set the washer to spin and you can watch the wax motor do its thing. The spin switch is on the right. Disconnect the wires and check for closed contacts with an ohmmeter.Also there are three out of balance switches fastened to the tub. You can check for a continuous circuit by laying the console forward. Where the wires come up at the back left corner, look for two blue wires. There is a disconnect there and you can check for continuity through the switch circuit.

Offline FerndaleSteve

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
Fantastic, thanks for the advice, this also gives me a reason to buy an ohm meter

Offline FerndaleSteve

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:32:06 AM »
Tested the switches they were fine.  Ended up replacing the wax motor.  Before trying it out I took the back cover off and found that the balance switch cable that fed into the console had fallen down and were rubbing against the large pulley.  The sheath was worn through on one of the wires but most of the copper strands were intact.  Taped it up, secured it back into the console.   Tried it out and it works great, probably my imagination but it seems to be spinning better then before.