Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag conrtol board repair Mah6700aww  (Read 4746 times)

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
Maytag conrtol board repair Mah6700aww
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »

Has anyone been able to successfully repair a washer or dryer control board?  Mine has burnt spots on it. Washer powers on but it won't drain. Drain pump works when I jump it.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Re: Maytag conrtol board repair Mah6700aww
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »
Looks like your board is coated in plastic sealer. Cant really fix that. Need to replace it.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline schleven

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:18:01 PM »
Doesnt look like anyone has the board

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
Yeah I was able to get some of the sealer off after you tubing a bit here's what I got so far.
The resisters are testing ok but there are three diodes that are blown for sure. I'm not sure how to test anything else.  I did find a board for sale but it was $350 forget that.

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
Update I was reading my meter incorrectly when testing the diodes so they all test good. Not for sure why they got so hot as to melt the coating. But I decided to carefully plug the board back in and test right on the back of the pump relay and it is getting power to turn on the relay when commanded and it is even clicking but it is not making contact inside I am now attempting to replace the pump relay and the motor relay as I was having an intermittent problem with that as well. I will keep you all updated. What do you all think I should recoat the board in if it works or should I leave it bare? [emoji53]

Offline schleven

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »
I would leave it bare. Good luck. Sounds like you know what you are doing!

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Well here is what I decided to do. But have not tested yet. Ignore my horrible soldering job. I cut a relay pack off of and old dryer pcb I had laying around it had the exact same relays. I am 're locating the relay. I also noticed that my new relays have I diode on the coil side to prevent arcing I am assuming. But the old did not, maybe that's why they failed? Who knows but I'll be testing this tonight.

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
It works!! Its draining once again! If anyone wants more info on how I did it let me know. I sure am glad I didn't spend $350 on a new board.

Offline schleven

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline hughesky

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »
It works!! Its draining once again! If anyone wants more info on how I did it let me know. I sure am glad I didn't spend $350 on a new board.

OH my goodness..... I am so excited to find this!!!  I am in the same boat and this gel stuff is horrible!!!! Mine is not draining and its not drain pump, it same as yours....  I am at the point of removing the gel now, what should I begin with?? Did you replace all or just the black square drain pump thingy???

Offline 76comet

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:23:02 PM »
If it is just a bad relay on yours don't bother with removing the gel.  Just test the relay I have pictured for the drain pump. It's been so long I can't remember everything I did but I know I cut the relay open and soldered wires to it and mounted a new relay inside the washer.  It is still working perfectly.