Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Motor won't turn on.  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Jeepnbrett

• VIP Member
Motor won't turn on.
« on: December 09, 2014, 05:45:24 PM »

Hello. I have a Frigidaire FWT449GFS2 front load washer. During the wash cycle the machine will fill and drain but it will not spin at all. I have followed these instructions on the included tech sheet:

Remove four pin plug from speed control unit. Measure voltage drop between pins 2 and 4.
 Voltage was 122.
Remove the nine pin plug and measure voltage drop between the 6 pin and the 4 pin on the four pin plug.
Voltage was 121.
Measure voltage drop between the 3 pin of the nine pin plug and the 4 pin of the four pin plug.
Meter reads 0.
It states that if this reads 0 to check timer contact 24 to 24B.

This where I am lost. I can see this on the diagram but I have no idea what to test on the timer switch. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!!!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Motor won't turn on.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
You will have to unplug the wire harness from the timer. Then look at the tech sheet as it shows you the location of 24 & 24B  contact position.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzIiBNwRIV4NWlo4OWpZVldUeUE&authuser=0

Offline Jeepnbrett

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Please excuse my ignorance but what am I testing for? I understand where to find those in the diagram but I am not sure how to test it.

Brett

Offline Jeepnbrett

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 11:11:14 PM »
I just tested the door latch switch. I am getting about 770 ohms from it. I have read that it should be around 1500. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:43:30 PM »
Yes, a faulty door switch will keep the washer from spinning and it's a very common problem on this type of washer.

Your door switch...
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/frigidaire-door-lock-assembly-131763202-ap4455026.html

Offline Jeepnbrett

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:23 PM »
Thank you. I will get the new door latch and see what happens.

Offline Jeepnbrett

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »
Just replaced the door switch. No change. Any suggestions on where to go from here?