Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LEQ2152EE1 heating issue - No error code?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Wraun

• VIP Member
LEQ2152EE1 heating issue - No error code?
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »

This morning, I went to dry my clothes and after 10 minutes the dryer stopped. The lights all the way to the right were flashing. This happened several times after I hit cancel and tried to run it again. I felt no heat coming from the dryer.

I brought up the diagnostic testing and found no error codes. I did see the thermistor read 63 for both the 5- and 6-turn readings. So I took it apart and cleaned out every nook and cranny. Tested the the high limit thermostat and the thermal limiter for continuity and both checked out good (0 ohms). When it is in diagnostic mode and the heat is supposed to be active, brief blue flashes come from the area of the high temp limiter. I assume it is the heating coils trying to fire up.

What is the issue? Do i need to replace the heating coils? Can I buy individual coils or do I need to buy the whole unit?

Thanks!

Offline optimum appliance

• VIP Member
Re: LEQ2152EE1 heating issue - No error code?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »
check the heat coil for continuity, if it is OK, and all the thermo sensors are OK, you need to replace the main board. Usually bad heater relay on main board.