Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos mvwx700xw1 actuator replaced but worked for less than a week  (Read 4188 times)

Offline samboski

• VIP Member

Hi there,

I have a Maytag Bravos top loading washer - model mvwx700xw1.

A few weeks ago the machine stopped spinning and after a bit of investigation I used the built in diagnostics to read error codes F7E1 and F7E7.  After a bit more Internet research, I decided to replace the actuator.  I ordered the part, installed it (wow that was easy), cleared the error codes, ran the calibration, then ran the automatic test.  Everything was proper.  I ran 3 loads of clothes through the washer and I was proud of my achievement.

Fast forward a few days and my fiance notifies me the washer is not working again (she notices it's not spinning in sensing mode)....

I go into diagnostic mode and see error F7E1.  I clear the error code, and run the automatic test cycle - it works fine.  We run one load of clothes through and all is well.

Two days later the same scenario occurs except clearing the codes does nothing for my situation.

I check the wiring harness connection to the new actuator and it's solid.  Error codes are still F7E1.

Any ideas on what's going on here?  It sure seems to be another actuator failure - I'm just unsure of whether I had bad luck with the replacement part or if there is another part in the washer causing the repeated actuator failure.  Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Maytag Bravos mvwx700xw1 actuator replaced but worked for less than a week
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »
Check for broken wire by the red coil of wires like in this link by the wire ties.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-harns-wire-w10297443-ap5177849.html
Also check for broken wire by capacitor and also check capacitor microfarad with ohmmeter.Make sure tub turns easy by removing belt and it,s not binding.If binding check for objects between both tubs.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »
Manual if you don,t have one. https://db.tt/nC00t3UX

Offline samboski

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
Thanks for the tips dab147315.

The tub turns easily.  O0

I'll check tonight for broken wires.  What capacitor should I check with my multimeter?  It is located on the actuator?

:thanks:

Offline samboski

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
 :oops:

Nevermind the capacitor location question - I see it on the manual you posted.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
i dont understand why you changed shifter unless it failed to change modes or tach did not verify, id suspect loose connection due to intermittent issue

Offline samboski

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
A broken yellow wire near the red wire coil was the culprit (photo attached). Thanks for everyone's help. A load of clothes is washing now.

:thanks:

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:30:55 PM »
A nice find.Good picture.