Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG dishwasher LDF7932ST  (Read 2285 times)

Offline Bailey

• Technician
LG dishwasher LDF7932ST
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »

The complaint is that this would make a growling sound and shut off in the middle of the cycle. I had to sit there and watch it for over 30 minutes before it did its thing. What happens is it started draining and in the middle the main motor came on for about 2 seconds. The sound was the wash impeller caveating. The thing shut off, beeped twice and displayed an OE code, which is a long drain error. But if you open and shut the door, it restarts and finishes the cycle with no problems. Not once did it leave water in the tub after a pump out. So is the board faulty for starting the wash motor in the middle of a pump out?

Offline optimum appliance

• VIP Member
Re: LG dishwasher LDF7932ST
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
This is a very common problem. The main pump motor is bad.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG dishwasher LDF7932ST
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »
This is over a year old,  but it sounds like a sticking float as well as noisy wash motor. It's stopping because it believes there is still water in the tub,  NOT THE WASH MOTOR. Very normal to have the wash motor spin during drain to clear wash arms