Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Slow Lennox Blower  (Read 3321 times)

Offline ajm

• VIP Member
Slow Lennox Blower
« on: November 24, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »

Normally we run the furnace fan 100% of the time, work up this morning and no air was moving and house was cold.  Checked blower and it is not seized, but is running slowly (60 rpm guess).  When there is a demand for heat, the blower does try to spin up, but never gains speed.  The relay on the controller board sounds good/clean activation.  My immediate ideas are the start capacitor or motor.

unit is > 5 years old and Lennox model G60UHV-36A-070-06

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Slow Lennox Blower
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:38:08 PM »
I think you're right, capacitor or motor. Does the motor spin freely? You can test the capacitor with an ohm meter or cap tester.

Offline ajm

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »
oh so much worse.  This is a ECM motor (motor has a controller on the back-side of it).  $680 for new motor and controller, $640 for the controller alone.  INSANE!

Offline tgoods

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
I'm not too familiar with the ECM motors. You could probably replace it with generic motor for a lot less.

Offline rabjr01

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »
ajm at 5 years old you may still a have a manf. part warranty on this unit most all manf. are now 10 years W/product registration