Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Trane versus Carrier AC & Furnace: Which one is best or better?  (Read 1923 times)

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Trane versus Carrier AC & Furnace: Which one is best or better?
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »

My mother may need to replace her 25 Year Old Lennox Gas Furnace and possibly AC Unit.
Therefore, I need to know if Trane (American Standard) or Carrier is better or best? :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:15:59 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline rabjr01

• Technician
Re: Trane versus Carrier AC & Furnace: Which one is best or better?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Howdy RR when you get right to it if you are going with a basic builder grade its all about the same they all have troubles from time to time. Be it rushed R&D to get a new line to market or supply vendor troubles. I have experienced compressor problems with carriers infinity? line(don't know if that was installer error or not) and sent my customer to a carrier dealer that the local tech rep recommended. Trane systems are what we sell. Have not had many problems with them a board issue with an XLi 16 heat pump (just one) boss has one in his house and is very happy with it. Everyone has problems with bad 3 ton txv's this past summer and are expecting more as we get back to it. Do have a beef on the trane stuff I am not a fan of the radial(star) fin condenser coils that they have been using since time began. if you are in an area with heavy cottonwood and don't stay on top of cleaning it is a PITA to get them clean. hope this helps be interesting to see the others respone