Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Thermador RDF30QW Oven heating problems  (Read 1790 times)

Offline daveoman

• VIP Member
Thermador RDF30QW Oven heating problems
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »

Hi All,

I have an older Thermador RDF30QW (about 20 years old).  It is the one with the serial number > that special number always asked for.  The oven was taking forever to heat up a few days ago (got to 250 in about 1.5 hours).  I took the baking element out and it checked out fine continuity-wise.  The broiler also does work fine.

When I do turn it on bake mode, I hear a relay click inside the control module, and then a second later I hear another one.  Seems like it turns on and then turns off.  I guess the next step will be to check the temp sensor inside the oven and see if it is working.  But, it seemed to display the right temperature on the panel when it was getting a bit hotter in there.

I was trying to find the wiring/circuit diagrams for this thing, but it seems like most of the sites out there don't have that info.  Lots of info about parts, but not the right schematics.

Anybody have any other suggestions or diagrams out there?  I'm really hoping it's not the control module, as those things are not made any more.  Guess I could take it out and send it somewhere...

Thanks!

Offline Joey_Bullock

• VIP Member
Re: Thermador RDF30QW Oven heating problems
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
If you need to have your obsolete control repaired, try these guys.  I've used them before to repair an obsolete clock timer/oven control on a drop-in GE self cleaning electric stove.  They have a quick turn around, they are affordable and the repair comes with a warranty.

http://www.stoveclockrepair.com

Stove Clock Repair
26900 S 621 PL, Grove, OK 74344
Grove, OK
918 791 9466

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline daveoman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Just to close this up...I sent my controller to the folks at www.fixmyboard.com.  They turned it around very quickly, not only changing the bad relay but other components known to fail and reflowed all the solder to make sure any cracks weren't there.  I put it all back together and it works like a charm again.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 05:17:15 PM »
Good to know, thanks for the update.