Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool CAE2743BQ - All Lights On - All the time  (Read 23977 times)

Offline abmann

• VIP Member
Whirlpool CAE2743BQ - All Lights On - All the time
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:43 AM »

I bought a new Whirlpool Coin operated washer model CAE2743BQ and it have worked fine for 3 months. Now suddenly all lights are ON - all the time and there seems to be nothing I can do about it. Does anyone know how to reset the machine or what else to do to find out what is wrong? http://www.appliancejunk.com/forums/Smileys/classic/thanks.gif

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: Whirlpool CAE2743BQ - All Lights On - All the time
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
To reset, unplug the unit wait a few minutes then plug it back in.
This unit gives a Fault/Error Code when the Status Lights are flashing (not the lid lock light).
Fault code is given when Sensing Light is ON plus any other flashing status lights.
Error Code is given when Sensing Light is OFF plus any other flashing status lights.

Does it work fine with all the lights ON?
If yes, then possibly the Electronic Control Board (site below) is causing the issue.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w10571743-ap5780714.html

Offline abmann

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:04:02 AM »
Hi rockinrobin,

Tried to unplug for 5 minutes but when I plugged it in again - all lights came on after about 5 seconds and then stayed on.

No, the machine is not working. It will not start or do anything but have all lights on.

Can this be caused by any one of the switch sensors somewhere?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »
You need to raise the Top Panel and get the Tech Sheet located inside the Front Panel.
Be sure all wire connectors are pushed in all the way on the Control Board.
You can try the Calibration Mode instruction's below (it may resolve your issue)
Cycle Selector Knob key dance: [CCW=Counter Clockwise and CW = Clockwise]
Complete the following steps within 6 seconds
Start On "NORMAL" Cycle
1 step CCW (Left)
2 steps CW (Right, Right)
1 step CCW (Left)
1 step CW (Right) - "HEAVY DUTY"
(If unsuccessful LEDs will not flash, and you must return the selector to the Normal Cycle position and wait 4-5 seconds before retrying.)
If you are successful in the process, all LEDs will be flashing afterwards Toggle between HEAVY DUTY and NORMAL until ONLY the RINSE light is ON, then press the START button for about 30 seconds. Machine will then enter CALIBRATION Mode for about 2 - 4 minutes. DO NOT RAISE THE LID until it completes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:33:23 AM by rockinrobin »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 11:52:59 AM »
You may want to call Whirlpool since the Washer is less than 1 Year Old and should be under their Warranty (requires proof of purchase receipt, otherwise they will go by the manufacturing date).
If the Washer isn't covered by the Whirlpool Warranty then:
If you don't have any error codes and it will not start the Calibration Mode then I would replace the Electronic Control Board from the site above (listed in my 1st reply) who allows returns on parts and offers a 1 year warranty on parts.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:53:16 AM by rockinrobin »

Offline lesguns

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »
I had one doing that and put in new control board to fix it.

Offline abmann

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »
rockinrobin,

I did the "Cycle Selector Knob key dance" you gave me above - AND IT WORKED - THANK YOU.

However I had to do it 3 times and I think the first 2 times did not work because I did the 2-steps too fast. When I stopped in the middle of the 2-step for just half a second - the sequence worked just fine and the machine was reset.

Case closed.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
rockinrobin,

I did the "Cycle Selector Knob key dance" you gave me above - AND IT WORKED - THANK YOU.

However I had to do it 3 times and I think the first 2 times did not work because I did the 2-steps too fast. When I stopped in the middle of the 2-step for just half a second - the sequence worked just fine and the machine was reset.

Case closed.

Fantastic, feel free to buy me a beer (just click on Beer Icon under my screen name). :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:53:14 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline murdrod

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 07:32:20 PM »
Calibration mode seems to get cabrio going for a few weeks. Ive had to return to recalibrate a number of times now and unit doesn't display any faults besides being stuck with all the leds on. Any Ideas about the cause of this malfunction? Bad Software?

Offline gimmon

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
Did you ever find a fix here? I reset the lights and the machine worked 2 months and did it again.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
You may want to call Whirlpool since the Washer is less than 1 Year Old and should be under their Warranty (requires proof of purchase receipt, otherwise they will go by the manufacturing date).
If the Washer isn't covered by the Whirlpool Warranty then:
If you don't have any error codes and it will not start the Calibration Mode then I would replace the Electronic Control Board from the site above (listed in my 1st reply) who allows returns on parts and offers a 1 year warranty on parts.
Actually the commercial washers carry a 90 day warranty.... Way to stand behind your product whirlpool

Offline murdrod

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »
Cabrio's seem to fault out when they are over loaded.