Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool washer will not agitate  (Read 1349 times)

Offline manbearpig304

• VIP Member
Whirlpool washer will not agitate
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »

The washer will fill with water, spin, and drain. When the washer should be agitating the motor sounds like it is running. The motor coupler looks to be fine. Any help will be appreciated.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool washer will not agitate
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »
Post your model number you might get more help.Possible dogs inside agitator
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-agitator-dogs-80040-ap3119063.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:40:57 PM by dab147315 »

Offline manbearpig304

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »
The closest thing to a model I can find to a model number is Whirlpool Ultimate Care II. The agitator dogs definitely need to be replaced but there is a bigger problem with the washer because when I ran the washer without the agitator in the shaft did not even move.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Need to determine if motor is actually running when in agitation cycle. Place an inspection mirror under where the motor coupler is. If it's spinning and transmission input shaft is spinning, then the transmission is bad. You could also just take the motor out and rotate the transmission input shaft by hand CCW for agitation.

Eric