Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Hydeowave no agitate no spin  (Read 1373 times)

Offline danno65

• VIP Member
GE Hydeowave no agitate no spin
« on: October 06, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »

Hi I have a GE Hydrowave washer that will go through full cycle of filling and draining but washer motor never kicks in to agitate or spin, There is an LED blinking on the inverter board that flashes 4 times and in a few seconds repeats. My mode shifter test open. Is my motor bad as well?

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: GE Hydeowave no agitate no spin
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »
Here's a link to the Service Repair Manual to help troubleshoot the 4 flashes on inverter/motor board that is related to the Mode Shifter (see pages 39-41: mode shifter should read around 98 ohm's at room temperature be sure to unplug washer before testing for ohm's or continuity).
If your getting DC Voltage on the mode shifter coil (C7 Pin 1&2 at inverter board) during agitation then the motor is OK.
http://www.applianceaid.com/pdf/WPRE6150manual.pdf
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:52:52 AM by rockinrobin »

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:24:55 PM »
Some good info in this thread: http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=11579.msg59814#msg59814 especially in the document linked in my last post. I get the motor, mode shifter and sundry small parts (the nut, the split washer, etc.) free because of that document. YMMV... O0
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:25:45 PM by olyteddy »

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:11:43 AM »

Your motor is likely bad as well. What is the model number of the washer? If the mode shifter coil opens, the washer should still agitate and spin but during agitation, the whole tub will agitate vice just the agitator.

Eric