Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: No High-Speed Spin / E58  (Read 2253 times)

Offline bobw462

• VIP Member
No High-Speed Spin / E58
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »

Front-load Frigidaire FAFS4247LW0....  Machine seems to function normally until spin cycle.  With approx.  7-6 mins left on timer, slow alternating spins begin ok, but never achieves/maintains a fast spin in any cycle/mode. Throws E58.

Followed tech sheet diagnostics and performed Test 8.

Motor and drum spin freely by hand. Motor pins 1-2, 2-3, 1-3 all between 3.2 -4.5 ohms. Pins 4-5 at 122 ohms. Drain sump and hoses clear. Pump seems fine, but some water is left in the lower sump hose after drain (no visible water remains in the inner drum, but if i squeeze the lower (black, corrugated) sump hose, a little water will splash up between the drum holes).

Changed motor controller - no fix.
Changed door lock/switch - no fix.

Is there any way to test the main control board output, pump cycle, and/or the level switch? I really don't want to just keep throwing parts at it.

Any suggestions for a next move?

Thanks.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: No High-Speed Spin / E58
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »
Tech Sheet below (see page 5 - Test 11) to help troubleshoot the E58 Code
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Webster/134542000.pdf

The end of drain hose should be less than 6 inches inside the wall drain port (use a tie strap to hold the drain hose to the hot or cold hose so it doesn't pop out).
You can remove the Tub to Pump Hose (from the pump side) to see if there's anything stuck in the hose (use a wet/dry vac if available to remove debris from hose).
If you notice Suds then that may cause the E58 Code: You can use 2 cups of Distilled White Vinegar (pour into the basket) then run a wash load (without laundry) to get rid of the Suds.
When it previously worked on high spin, if it made a loud roaring noise then you probably have bad tub bearing's (basket should turn freely both direction's).
Be sure the shock absorber's (located under the tub are attached at both end's).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:10:44 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline bobw462

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
Interesting... Thank you for the reply. 

The Tech Sheet you provided is somewhat different from the sheet found with my washer.  Your Test 11 is the same as my Test 8, with one exception.. Test 11 says motor ohms should fall between 4 and 6.  My test sheet says 3-6 ohms is good.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »
Interesting... Thank you for the reply. 

The Tech Sheet you provided is somewhat different from the sheet found with my washer.  Your Test 11 is the same as my Test 8, with one exception.. Test 11 says motor ohms should fall between 4 and 6.  My test sheet says 3-6 ohms is good.
Go with your Tech Sheet (instead of the one that I supplied).
Most of the Water has to be drained out of the unit before it will go into High Spin.
Be sure the pump impeller turns freely clockwise and it should click (have resistance) every 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
If the above solution's didn't resolve your issue then you need to check AC Voltage at the Drive Motor during High Spin when it reaches the 7-6 minute mark.
If no AC Voltage at the Drive Motor then check Voltage at the Motor/Speed Control Board.
If no Voltage at the Motor Control Board then issue is most likely related to the Main Control Board or possibly the Door Lock Assembly (has 2 locks and second lock activates before the spin begins).
If you order part's from AppliancePartsPros.com or RepairClinic.com and it doesn't resolve your issue then you can return item for a full refund (minus S&H).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:16:32 PM by rockinrobin »