Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Testing GE Fill Valves?  (Read 1462 times)

Offline lum

• Technician
Testing GE Fill Valves?
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »

I've got a GE washer (not sure of the model number off hand but there is a dial for cold/warm/hot) that has an issue with, I assume, the cold valve. Set to hot and you get hot. Set to warm and you still get hot. Set to cold and you get nothing. I removed the valve, part WH13X10025, and swapped the outermost solenoids which I'm guessing are hot & cold with a center mix? Still get hot on hot, hot on warm, and nothing on cold. A couple questions... does the center solenoid have anything to do with the cold water? Like I said I only swapped the two outermost with each other.. is the center were bad would it mean no cold water? Assuming the solenoids all test ok could the valve itself be stuck shut? Is there a way to remove these or are they molded shut? Any chance the water temp switch could be the culprit? Can it simply be tested for continuity to determine if its good or bad?

Offline Patricio

• Technician
  • Tight Lines
Re: Testing GE Fill Valves?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
Did you check that you are getting water out of the cold faucet to the machine.  Check filter screen.
Great Old Fashion Hometown Service

Offline lum

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »
Did you check that you are getting water out of the cold faucet to the machine.  Check filter screen.

Water is flowing fine w no obstructions.

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
  Need the model number. Most likely, depending on model, you have two cold valves and one hot valve. One of the cold valve solenoids is wired in parallel with the hot valve solenoid so when hot is selected, you get hot mixed with some cold to "dumb down" the temperature. When you select warm, all three valves are open and when you select cold, only the other cold valve is open. Either the other cold valve is clogged, the solenoid is bad or the temp switch is faulty.

Eric
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:23:53 PM by fairbank56 »