Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: I have a whirlpool wtw4900bw0 won't start  (Read 3429 times)

Offline jlan714

• VIP Member
I have a whirlpool wtw4900bw0 won't start
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:03:46 AM »

I just recently moved  and we got the washer in and now it won't work. I push the start buton and it starts sensing then just stops and the locked button just keeps blinking. Help plz

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: I have a whirlpool wtw4900bw0 won't start
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
I just recently moved  and we got the washer in and now it won't work. I push the start buton and it starts sensing then just stops and the locked button just keeps blinking. Help plz
Be sure the Hot & Cold Valves are ON.
Manually rotate the Basket to be sure it turns freely both direction's.
The LED Status Lights (Sensing, Wash, Rinse, Spin, Done/Cycle Complete) will blink/flash to give an Fault/Error Code, run the Cycle to see if it throws a Code (below) and reply with LED lights that are flashing ON.
Fault Code = Sensing Light ON with either of the other LED Status lights ON (omit Lid Lock Light)
Error Code = Sensing Light OFF with either of the other LED Status lights ON (omit Lid Lock Light)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:02:54 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: I have a whirlpool wtw4900bw0 won't start
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:38:48 PM »
You can download the Repair Manual (that is similar to your model) below to get into the Service Mode and check for Fault/Error Codes (1st code is the most recent, write them down).
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=434
The Tech Sheet is located inside the front part of cabinet (must lift top panel to access it).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:41:25 PM by rockinrobin »