Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG TROMM WM2688HWM - Replaced Hall Sensor But Still No Spin  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Bluemach1

• VIP Member
LG TROMM WM2688HWM - Replaced Hall Sensor But Still No Spin
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »

Replaced Hall Sensor.  Did not fix problem.  Should I replace Stator?  Is there an autotest for the main PCB? to see if that is the problem?

HELP!

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: LG TROMM WM2688HWM - Replaced Hall Sensor But Still No Spin
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
Are you getting an Error Code on the Display?
View the Service/Repair Manual (link below) to assist with troubleshooting and disassembly instruction's (see page 28 for spin problem)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NcHBMTzB1V1ptN0U/edit

NOTE: If the issue is the Stator or Rotor (look for cracks on both) then contact LG since they offer a 10-Year Warranty on those parts (including the Basket or Tub).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:10:45 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline Bluemach1

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
I went through the system test.  Was able to get tumble CW, low spin within range, high speed would not get up to range, tumble CCW.  Ran through again this time while running high speed spin, it just shut down.  I had already ordered a stator so I installed it...  Plugged in and SMOKE from the PWB.  What the hell????

Offline Bluemach1

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:37:44 PM »
Oh boy...  Here's a kick in the junk.   The power control board is no longer available.  P/N 6871ER1062D

This has become one gigantic paperweight...

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 02:26:35 AM »
Oh boy...  Here's a kick in the junk.   The power control board is no longer available.  P/N 6871ER1062D

This has become one gigantic paperweight...
You can get a new board at link below
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/6871ER1062D/0026/795&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=6871ER1062D
If Sears doesn't have it in stock then found it on eBay (1 used & 1 new)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=6871ER1062D&_sop=15

Offline Bluemach1

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »
Thanks.  I saw both of those last night.  Sears shows "backordered".  I'll have to call and find out what that means.  The ebay stuff could be an option but if I spend $250 for a part (cant wait for the used part auction to end) how do I know that the problem isn't somewhere else and that new board just wont burn up as well?  I'm thinking new washer.  No more LG (this isnt my first problem with the W/D) and no more front loader washers.  Never thought stuff was as clean.

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • My cuss. A LOT.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 09:17:27 AM »
I just checked and sears says it's backordered.  But is unavailable from the OEM. So just consider that part no longer available. Sorry.
LowSL2
18+ Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience
Former $ears/a$e tech

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
Thanks.  I saw both of those last night.  Sears shows "backordered".  I'll have to call and find out what that means.  The ebay stuff could be an option but if I spend $250 for a part (cant wait for the used part auction to end) how do I know that the problem isn't somewhere else and that new board just wont burn up as well?  I'm thinking new washer.  No more LG (this isnt my first problem with the W/D) and no more front loader washers.  Never thought stuff was as clean.
The burnt area possibly caused by a loose wire connection or broken wire (unplug Washer first then verify wire connections are pushed in all the way throughout unit).  I would start at the back side of the unit where you replaced the Stator & Hall Sensor.
Check the Filter Assembly (No Power see page 21) and verify AC Voltage at the Wall Outlet to Power Cord to Filter Assembly to Power Control Board.