Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Washer overfill problem  (Read 1298 times)

Offline app1

• Technician
GE Washer overfill problem
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »

Hello, I am working on a GE Washer Model # WDRR2500KOWW  and it will not stop at the appropriate water levels ( small-large etc) it just keeps filling. I have installed a new water level switch and also changed the water valve and it still does not work right!!! What else can it be? Coiuld it be the timer? No matter what cycle I run it still does it!!! FRUSTRATED!!! HELPPPPPPPP..

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: GE Washer overfill problem
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:16 PM »
It may have a clogged or punctured pressure tube (remove tube from water level switch and blow through it at least five times), if it still overfills then replace the tube.
NOTE: You have to run the Drain/Spin Cycle after reattaching the pressure tube otherwise it will cause it to overfill.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:28:33 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
Cheap part to stock.Tube plugs up and also air dome.Do what rocks says.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-pressure-switch-hose-wh41x365-ap2046584.html

Offline app1

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »
ALL set,THANKSSSSSSSS , it was the hose and I had to cut a small piece of the end as it was real loose and it was also very hard to blow through.. THANKS AGAIN!!