Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Hydrowash fill problem  (Read 1735 times)

Offline kcincolo

• VIP Member
GE Hydrowash fill problem
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:59 AM »

Working on a Hydrowash (WWWSE54240G2WWW model) that does not fill properly.

The pressure switch responds correctly to air pressure.  The tube is clear.
Upon starting the cycle, the tub fills to the minimum, and enters the wash cycle regardless of the fill selector position.  Reset of the switch has no effect.

Watching the fill selector when the tub fills indicates the controller is entering the wash cycle regardless of the fill selector (the plunger has not closed when the wash starts).  This would also explain why the reset has no effect.

I do not see any error code on the motor inverter board.

How does the pressure sensor work - is it supposed to latch open upon reset, and 'trip' with air pressure?  Can I see this, or is it internal?  I see the plastic plunger move with pressure, but is there an internal piece that might be worn?

thanks,
klc

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
Re: GE Hydrowash fill problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »

The pressure switch in this model is normally closed. When correct water level is reached and switch is activated, it opens. The motor/inverter has nothing to do with water level so no point in looking for error code there. Disconnect the two wires from the pressure switch and jump them together. Set washer to fill. If it does same as before and starts agitating then the control board is faulty. If it keeps filling, unplug the jumper and it should stop filling and start agitating. If that is the case, then there is something wrong with the pressure switch or there is a clog in the hose. You said it is clear but did you unplug it from the air chamber on the side of the tub and check it there? Also check for gunk inside the air chamber.

Eric