Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Tromm won't fill up  (Read 2556 times)

Offline bwright9752

• VIP Member
LG Tromm won't fill up
« on: September 15, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »

My Tromm washer had an OE error yesterday.  The drain hose did have some blockage that I cleared and I found a bobbie pin stuck in one of the pump outlets.  After clearing those and putting the washer back together I tried to run it and it wont fill up.  When I try to run it the inlet valves open up for a split second and then shut down.  It seems like there is vapor lock or too much water pressure so the valve closes.  I tried turning on the water in the basin next to the washer (the supply lines to the washer and basin are on one run), this doubled or triple the amount of time the valve was open but it was still less than 2 seconds.
This happened once before when I replaced the supply lines and I have no idea what I did but eventually it started working again.
Any thoughts?

Offline Risen

• Technician
Re: LG Tromm won't fill up
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »
Are you using the flood safe hoses?

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »
These

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
good call risen, if not using those hoses, it may be just normal. These valves operate very quickly on and off. OE (Really DE) is drain error and really shouldnt be associated with fill problems. Let it run and see if you get a fill error...

Offline bwright9752

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
No on the floodsafe hoses, just plain stainless.  I let it sit for a day and then it started filling ok.  This has happened before after I take off the inlet hoses.  It seems to work itself out after a little while.
The DE was a drain issue, the drain hose had some restriction and I found a bobbie pin lodged in one of the outlet tubes from the pump.  I fixed those issues then had the issue with filling.

Thanks

Offline Risen

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »
Depending on your temp setting it is normal for it to go back and forth between hot and cold. But it is filling and running right?

Offline bwright9752

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:45:17 AM »
Now it is working and filling properly, thank you. 

It's hard to explain but after i reconnect the hoses it seems to have this issue for a few hours.  The valve will open for a split second then turn close although you can hear a hum (I think it's the solenoid trying to open the valve).  If I unplug and reset the same thing will happen.  Sometimes I've let it sit for a couple of hours and the same thing happens, other times I've let it sit for a couple of hours and come back and it worked fine.  Once it works one time I don't have the issue again until i unhook the hoses or turn off the water supply.

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »
id check to make sure the pressure to the  machine is ok and if so, replace valves.... sounds like they act up if the dont rest for a while O0 O0