Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet front load washer WFW9150WW00  (Read 4373 times)

Offline wareaglefan

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Duet front load washer WFW9150WW00
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »

HELP!  My washer does not have a LED control panel...it displays error codes by flashing one of the lights in a sequence - pause - sequence to determine the F_E_ error code.  My washer is showing F1E6 error.  I cannot locate an explanation for this code anywhere.  Any ideas???

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: Whirlpool Duet front load washer WFW9150WW00
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »
Are you sure the Code is F1E6 or is it F1E2, F6E1 or F8E1?
F1E6 is found on Oven's and is usually related to one of the Control Board's or possibly a break in wire harness.
You can reset the Washer by unplugging the power cord from wall, wait 5 minutes (or so) then plug back in to see if it resolves the issue.
The Tech Sheet is located inside the lower front panel (just remove lower screws 2-4 of them then grab lower corner of panel drop it down to release upper tabs).
Otherwise, download the Tech Sheet from http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=410
You'll need to do some troubleshooting on the wire harness and related electrical part's using a Digital Multimeter available at most Hardware Stores for $10-20
To help with troubleshooting download repair manual below (manual is similar to your model but not identical)
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=117

NOTE: For further assistance, please update your post if Fault/Error is not F1E6
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:37:06 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline wareaglefan

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
You are correct.  I had the numerical sequence backward.  It was F6E1.  As it turns out, the error was caused by the bottom panel not being attached to the machine (removed 2 days ago in anticipation of the gasket/bellows being replaced--waiting on the order to arrive).  Thank you very much for your response.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:12:23 PM »
OK, so the Ground Switch wasn't activated causing the F6E1 Code due to the lower front panel removal.