Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: whirlpool heavy duty commercial washer  (Read 6965 times)

Offline jon131

• VIP Member
whirlpool heavy duty commercial washer
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »

Hello

I was wondering weather anybody has any ideas about how to get this machine running again after it encounters a fault. This is whirlpool washer cae2793bq0. [/b]All the lights on the console are lit green except for the lid lock which is red. The thing is even though the light is red you can open the lid. You just can't get it to run . I  have looked on the internet for reset instructions but can't find any for this particular model. I will include a picture of the console . This is a shot without the lights lit. Any help appreciated.

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: whirlpool heavy duty commercial washer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
To reset, unplug washer and wait 5 minutes then plug it back in to see if it resolves your issue.
If lights are flashing that is a Fault/Error Code and reply with info {indicate which lights are On/Flashing: such as Sensing Light On (Fault Code) with Wash & Rinse Light On. Sensing Light Off (Error Code) with Spin & Done Light On}.
See if it will work on Drain/Spin Cycle, if it does then Lid Switch is OK.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:51:28 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: whirlpool heavy duty commercial washer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »
The Tech Sheet is located inside the front panel (must lift up top panel to access the Tech Sheet).
You can view the Repair Manual and a few Video's (link below) to help with disassembly (similar model but not identical)
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=434
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:12:07 PM by rockinrobin »