Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool washer LSN2000JQ2 motor clicking  (Read 876 times)

Offline ggschomburg

• Technician
Whirlpool washer LSN2000JQ2 motor clicking
« on: August 18, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »

Got called out for a Whirlpool washer with a three speed motor that was making a clicking sound in slow speed spin.  All other speeds worked.  I did not have power between the white/orange wire and the white wire on the motor plug.  Appears to be a bad timer.  I ordered the timer and will be returning later this week.  I will repost with how it goes.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? 

Offline Maytag Man 6725

• Technician
  • Technician since 1990
Re: Whirlpool washer LSN2000JQ2 motor clicking
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
When you say "clicking sound" was your motor pulsing?  If you have lost low speed on your motor, it will take off, slow down, take off again and do this again and again and again this is because your motor starts on high speed every time and when motor is up to speed the centrifugal switch changes position and if low is open, than motor slows right back down until switch changes back to start position and the process starts all over again. This is more commonly caused by a bad motor.

Offline ggschomburg

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:18 AM »
I checked the low motor winding and it was good.  I thought maybe broken wire so while it was clicking/pulsing I started wiggling wires and then it started working normally.  I tagged both ends of the white/orange wire (motor and timer) while wiggling the wire and my meter read .3 ohms the whole time.  I removed the timer and checked pins that the brown wire and white/orange where connected to and my ohms were ranging from 44.0 ohms to 641ohms.  I was thinking motor too at first but everything seems to be pointing at the timer.

Offline Maytag Man 6725

• Technician
  • Technician since 1990
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:54:06 AM »
It's possible.