Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: OE/LE error on LG wm1832cw  (Read 2075 times)

Offline golfmanfl

• VIP Member
OE/LE error on LG wm1832cw
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »

A couple months back kept getting LE code on washer, started simple and replaced hall sensor switch, worked for a cycle or 2 then LE again, replaced rotor, again, worked for a while then LE again. Finally replaced stator and has worked fine ever since, that is until today. First got OE code, cleaned out filter and discharge hose, then started washer back up and now have unresponsive unit with LE again. Washer is only 5 years old and don't want to replace but anyone have any ideas what to check next?

Thanks!

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: OE/LE error on LG wm1832cw
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Manually rotate the Basket to be sure it's not dragging (look at front end of basket to be sure it's even 360 degrees).
You can try running an empty wash load using 2 cups of Distilled White Vinegar (pour directly into basket) that will get rid of the Suds (only use HE Liquid Detergent).
The most common cause of the LE code is a bad Hall Sensor.  It's about $15, easy to replace and is the next thing I would try.  It mounts on the stator (motor windings) and senses the motion of the rotor (the flywheel-looking part).
The worst thing is a bad Control Board; it's mounted at the back top of the washer (under the top panel).
I believe LG offers a 10-Year Warranty on the Stator/Rotor and Basket/Tub.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:46:52 PM by rockinrobin »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: OE/LE error on LG wm1832cw
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »
A couple months back kept getting LE code on washer, started simple and replaced hall sensor switch, worked for a cycle or 2 then LE again, replaced rotor, again, worked for a while then LE again. Finally replaced stator and has worked fine ever since, that is until today. First got OE code, cleaned out filter and discharge hose, then started washer back up and now have unresponsive unit with LE again. Washer is only 5 years old and don't want to replace but anyone have any ideas what to check next?

Thanks!
Visit the following link to help with troubleshooting the LE Fault Code
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic=1735.0