Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Washer Clothes still wet after spin  (Read 2136 times)

Offline app1

• Technician
Kenmore Washer Clothes still wet after spin
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »

Working on Kenmore Washer Model # 110.24982300
and when it spins sometimes it will spin the clothes good and sometimes it will leave them really wet, we are washing the same exact load of clothes each time. We have put in a New Transmission and the clutch looks like new and the brakes look like new. What else could it be? Also,when I am looking at the clutch what am I looking for and the same with the brake what do I look for? Could the New Transmission be bad???? PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Thanks In Advance!!

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: Kenmore Washer Clothes still wet after spin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »
Working on Kenmore Washer Model # 110.24982300
and when it spins sometimes it will spin the clothes good and sometimes it will leave them really wet, we are washing the same exact load of clothes each time. We have put in a New Transmission and the clutch looks like new and the brakes look like new. What else could it be? Also,when I am looking at the clutch what am I looking for and the same with the brake what do I look for? Could the New Transmission be bad? ??? PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Thanks In Advance!!
Check the Drive Block (p/n 389140) it might be stripped or could be the Basket Drive & Brake Assembly (p/n 285792)
Check the top of the Drive Tube where there are 2 tabs and be sure that they are not rounded off.
If it's rounded off then the basket drive & brake assembly would need to be replaced as this is causing the drive block to fail.