Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Help please: Kenmore 90 Series Washer Functions Only In Rinse Mode  (Read 1596 times)

Offline JeffLange

• VIP Member

Hi! My wife is stressed now that our washer has shut itself down.  It shut off during the rinse cycle just before draining.  We have both tried to advance the dial to any and all settings, however, the only time the motor will run is in the rinse cycle to agitate the load.  The tub remains full of water and will not drain.  The washer shuts off entirely.  There is no noise and no motor activity when it shuts down.  The only time the washer will work at all is when it is in rinse mode.  It will agitate, but that is it before it shuts down.

Any advice or educated guesses would be welcome.

Thank you.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Help please: Kenmore 90 Series Washer Functions Only In Rinse Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
Sounds like the lid switch is bad post your complete model number.

Offline JeffLange

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Here it is:

Model # 110.24902202

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-lid-switch-assembly-3949238-ap3100001.html
When you close the lid you should here a click and if not the lid switch would be bad.Also watch the video at parts link.

Offline JeffLange

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
I checked for the "click" by opening and closing the lid and then by depressing the switch manually, and sure enough, there was no click. Thanks for the link to the part and also for mentioning the video.  I think I can handle this!  I appreciate your expertise.