Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   AppliancePartsPros 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WTW4800XQ washer skips agitation in RINSE cycle  (Read 3417 times)

Offline bigedNY

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WTW4800XQ washer skips agitation in RINSE cycle
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »

This washer is skipping the agitation of the clothes in the RINSE cycle, resulting in white detergent stains set into the clothes. 

Observed complete run of the machine. Basket fills with water, lid locks, wash cycle works normally drains, then in rinse cycle, basket fills with water and immediately drains ,no agitation of the clothes, continues to spin cycle, seems to finish normally.

I got the tech sheet and went into diagnostics. Error code result is F8 E3  Overflow condition?  I am not a technician, but i do not see how that is related to the machine skipping agitation in one cycle RINSE, and functions in WASH and SPIN. 

This has been the same from day one when machine was installed ,no service call was made during warranty,Machine is 2 years old and been used once a week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Offline Maintech

• Technician
  • LNM Service and Repair LLC.
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool WTW4800XQ washer skips agitation in RINSE cycle
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
You need to read your owners manual very closely--- pay attention to the part about spray rinse..

from the manual:

Spray Rinse
Select cycles default to a spray rinse. During these
cycles, you will hear water enter the washer as the
tub spins, allowing the rinse water to penetrate
clothes. Check the “Cycle Guide” for details.

-- there is no agitation if it uses a spray rinse-- good news is I believe that model has a fabric softener option switch if so always turning it to on should give you a traditional type of deep water rinse...

Offline bigedNY

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 06:26:56 PM »
Thanks for quick reply. I stayed in the laundry room from beginning to end of the machine run. The basket filled with water, i heard it and it took quite a long time, and it stopped ,no activity for a couple of minutes ,then the pump started and drained the water right out.

I ran the machine twice and the same exact thing happened. It wasnt a spray rinse as their no sound at all other than the water pouring into the basket and then the drain pump evacuating it.

I will check the manual for the spray rinse information as you indicated, thanks again .

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:29:23 PM by bigedNY »

Offline bigedNY

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:28:15 AM »
OH about the F8 E3 Overflow condition error code.!!!!!!

I completely forgot that about a year ago i had a backup in the house drain line and the washer tub was filled with sink line water.

Ran the machine to drain it out. Used Tide washing machine cleaner to make sure the washer tub was cleaned out .

Maybe that is why i am getting the error Codes F8 E3 Overflow condition.

I dont know if that has anything to do with the  "skipping of agitation during rinse cycle", but i think i should try to clear the  stored codes because of what happened with the water backing up into the machine.

If you have information on how to clear the codes and reset it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline bigedNY

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! for mentioning the optional fabric softener rinse option.

I cleared the error codes . Then ran the washer with the fabric softener option selected.

In rinse cycle it did the spray rinse and then it filled up with water and the agitator started working

in the rinse cycle as you stated!! omg we used this machine for 2 years without knowing this.

Everything seems to be working ok. Thanks Again!!!!!   :thanks:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:42:44 PM by bigedNY »

Whirlpool Washer skips rinse cycle

Started by app1

Replies: 3
Views: 715
Last post May 19, 2016, 11:23:08 AM
by app1
Whirlpool Commercial Washer only fills 1/2 way or less or rinse cycle

Started by bsponge

Replies: 1
Views: 4037