Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Front Load Washer resets time part way through cycle  (Read 1725 times)

Offline rehsaweg

• VIP Member
GE Front Load Washer resets time part way through cycle
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »

I came home a few nights ago to a load of laundry which had been started 4 hours prior, with 20 mins left on the timer.  Seems the washer randomly sets the timer backward so there is more time left in the cycle.  Sometimes by 3 mins, sometimes by 20 minutes, always a different amount of time.  When I try different washer settings I get the same problem, but sometimes it will randomly finish a cycle when I only do drain and spin.  A GE repair guy was out to replace the wire recall and found one of the springs hold the washer up had come off so the basket was out of whack, he rehung that, ran the diagnostics, checked for errors, everything worked on the diagnostics and there were no errors so he said maybe it had to do with the spring.  I ran a load after he left and the same thing keeps happening.  Any ideas?  I thought maybe the control board was bad, is there a way to determine if that is the case? 

Model number is WBVH5200J3WW.