Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DW80F600 delicate light blinking - drain error  (Read 60546 times)

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung DW80F600 delicate light blinking - drain error
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »

It's an electromagnetic sensor. When water is present, the signal is blocked. When water is not present, signal is passed. When grime builds up, the signal is not passed thus throwing a drain error when in fact, it did drain.

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 07:41:41 PM »
Then sending 5V to the pin might work.   Where is the main board located?

Thanks for the input!

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
Behind the kickplate. Beige color cover

Offline mdaul87

• VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
update: it happened again (this time its only been 4 months since the last cleaning)... has anyone found a way to just bypass the sensor all together?

Then sending 5V to the pin might work.

has anyone tried this? if not, how would i go about doing that? I'm willing to try it because i don't want to have to keep cleaning the sensor. not because its difficult just the fact that i shouldn't have to.

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
Pretty positive that it needs to see both hi and low voltage. So no

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »
What do you think about plugging in a "dummy" sensor and leaving another installed to fill the hole.

Offline mdaul87

• VIP Member
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »
wow that is a great idea! why didn't i think of that?? the tech that came when i first had the problem left me with the "broken" one. now i just have to figure out where the hell i put it...

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 07:38:06 AM »
I believe it would still need to be in sump. But let me know!

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2015, 09:27:35 AM »
This DW has got to be the biggest piece of crap I have ever purchased.  It was new model when we bought so there were a lot of reviews but now I am getting an over-level water alarm that as far as I can tell, the only way to fix it is to replace everything.  My wife has called Samsung and badger them to extend the warranty and they are sending out a tech but I'm not sure if the parts will still be under warranty.  And even if it fixed for free, I still don't want it because it does a poor job washing dishes when it did work.

After a whopping 18 months it's ready for the scrap yard already.  That's pathetic.   What reasonably priced DW do you guys suggest to replace it with?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:28:46 AM by mxer »

Offline james52

• VIP Member
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »
Yes, please let us know if any of these fixes work.  I started taking mine apart on the weekend and went online for some help - was shocked to find the number of people reporting the same problem.  Adding to insult - most of the problems that were reported started 1 to 6 months outside warranty.  I guess Samsung just dont have the history of building dishwashers like a maytag or bosch. Question, before I finally giveup on this pos, is there a diagram anywhere on-line that shows position of all the main parts?
 :thanks:

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:51 PM »
Do you have the over level water error or the esc error? The esc error is a simple 5 minute fix.

The only reference material I found was the wiring diagram I posted on page 2.  Using that you could trace the wiring harness back to the corresponding sensor to see which one it is.  My wife is a honey badger when it comes to these things so before Samsung was only going to possibly pay for the faulty parts but not the service call, well after another discussion, Samsung agreed to pay for the service call.  I'll update people on what he says or will replace for this over level error. 

One of the people at Samsung says she receives calls all day long about this problem.  There has got to be a class action lawsuit in the works but unfortunately that will probably take years to see any sort of compensation.  I'm scared now because I have a Samsung fridge that I hope doesn't suffer the same fate.  I will definitely never buy another Samsung product again..maybe even electronics too.

Offline mxer

• VIP Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 07:30:03 PM »
The tech came out and wanted to just replace the case brake.  Before he came, I had pulled the DW out and tried to run it.  This time no error codes.  When I shove it back under the counter, I get the over level water error.  So it definitely has something to do with the drain or supply hose.  They aren't kinked as I can tell and if they were it would be a different error. 

Offline 2Bacchus

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »
It is important to disasemble the pump despite the 25000 screws.  I found three rusted screws in it and hopefully that is the problem to the drain issue.  Very Poor Quality Control.  Poor quality also.  This unit was in a home I bought that was rehabbed by a cheap flipper.

Offline CARuggs

• VIP Member
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »
I have the same unit and had the same issue. My unit is about 2 years old and has been acting up for about 3 months now. The error code delicate light will flash but the unit will drain fine. I am not convinced that this unit was always running complete cycles. Sometimes it appeared that the dishes weren't even clean and several times the soap door never opened. I was never around to determine how long the cycle ran. Now I am finally caring  about this issue and of course it is out of warranty. I began by attempting to check the ECS sensor by disassembling the UFO looking thing. I couldn't find what I thought I was looking for but did manage to clean out quite a bit of stuff. I put it all back together. I went to test it by running the unit empty with the heavy cycle and it only ran for about 15 minutes before it completed its cycle. The soap door didn't open, and the delicate light was flashing. I tried the same test with heavy cycle and sanitize and then the auto cycle. Basically, it worked before and it is not working now. I am mechanically inclined and find it hard to believe that I did something wrong in the process but I must have. Any ideas?

Offline Behnam

• VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 12:33:27 PM »
Hello,

I have a Samsung dishwasher model DW80F600 with a blinking "delicate" light, the drain error.

Since two days ago I have read many repair possibilities in many different forum but none of them have worked so far;

1-I check the drains on the house, kitchen sink and the dishwasher itself, and all drains are working fine.
2-I disassemble the inside parts of motor cover and cleaned the filters.
3-I also cleaned the ECS Sensor.
4-I opened the left side and took of a flat white water (drain) container and saw no trash deposit or problem. I washed it any way and put it back together. I did not see any floating device on this part, just water coming in and drains out.

None of these attempts made the "delicate" blinking light to stop. I do not know what else I can do.
On one of notes I saw someone was talking about replacing the Main PCB...! That might be my last option. What is it? Where is it? And how can I buy one?

Thank you in advance for your instructions.

Behnam

Offline golfgirl

• VIP Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »
Perfect.... it took me about 30 minutes with those 25000 screws.... cleaned out a little bit of hair wrapped around that white part (just moved into the house and lo and behold the dishwasher was not working), and cleaned all those tiny crevices filled with goop, sucked that dirty standing water out with a turkey baster, put all 25000 screws in (love my drill) and now just finished running an entire cycle without the flashing delicate light coming on.  You are all great!!  If I can do it, anyone can do it :thanks:

Offline eickhoj

• VIP Member
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »
First time poster here, I'm having the same issue with the blinking delicate light

the dishwasher is draining and I have taken the 25000 screws out and cleaned the ecs sensor and surround pit area.

when I put it all back together and try to run it again this is what happens, or at least sounds like what is happening

1. hum of drain starting and hear water flowing down sink drain
2. hear water flow into dishwasher
3. sounds like it starts to run but then hear water draining down sink drain
4. repeat the above steps 3 to 5 times maybe till I get a 4 chime sound and a blinking delicate light

is it possible my ecs sensor is just bad and not dirty (cleaned it twice already tonight)

thanks everyone for the help

Joe

Offline golfgirl

• VIP Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 09:13:28 AM »
Another item I addressed the day before taking the dishwasher apart was the drain hose.  The drain hose from the dishwasher to the sink pipe was not looped... meaning the hose came out of the dishwasher, laid on the cabinet floor and then went straight up and into the sink pipe at a horizontal angle.  So I looped the hose higher/above the opening to the sink pipe and started the dw again but the blinking delicate light still appeared.... so obviously that didn't help but I had read as another possible remedy to that blinking delicate light.  Check your hose.  Also did you suck out all the dirty water sitting in those metal coils??  When I did that it looks like there were pieces of wet dust in the water.

Offline eickhoj

• VIP Member
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »
Thanks golf girl for the response.  My drain hose was looped, I check the hose again and not plugged or kinked.  I did suck out as much water as I could get with my wet/dry vac and stuffing paper towels in the area. 

A couple questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

1.  What does the ecs sensor do?

2.  Where is the low level sensor?  Is this something the ecs sensor senses?

Thanks

Joe

Offline TechyRealtor

• VIP Member
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »
Disassemble the sump filter ufo looking thing.

Hey domain,

Any guidance on what I'm looking for once I've taken apart the ufo?  Also, is this why the dishwasher hasn't been drying things?  Presumably it's shutting down thinking it isn't draining, though it is, and then not sending itself into drying mode...sound at least plausible?  If not, I've got another issue with the drying segment of the dw cycle.  Thanks for all the help.  Read all your responses in this thread.  Just didn't see if the ecs I'm after will be obvious or if there's a picture you could paint my head so I didn't question myself once inside. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:06:44 PM by TechyRealtor »