Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Atlantis MAV7600AWW  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Tony45

• Technician
Maytag Atlantis MAV7600AWW
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »

Hi guys!

I have a maytag washer MAV7600AWW with the problem issue:

It fill an agitate okay but doesn't go on spin by its self.

To make the machine go on spin I have to open the lid, close it back an then the spin start. it empty good.

Also, the machine over pass the spin cycle at the timer. It agitating right to the OFF position on timer

Any Ideal what could be the defective part. I order a Timer but not sure at all if it not someting else...

Thank you for your help.

Antonio

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: Maytag Atlantis MAV7600AWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:06:20 AM »
If the timer goes past OFF and start agitating right away in the next cycle without it having to fill with water again I would suspect something with the water level switch or the hose between the water level switch and tub.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »

Offline fairbank56

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »

Sounds like timer. I think he's saying that it just agitates the whole cycle til it gets to OFF, not thru OFF. Motor has to reverse direction for spin so if motor does not stop, it cannot reverse. Opening/closing lid pauses the motor and allows reversal for spin. Timer is what causes motor to pause and restart for spin.

Eric

Offline Bailey

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:04:45 AM »
I have replaced timers on Atlantis washers for this problem. The timer skips the pause that allows the motor to reverse direction for spin. By raising the lid you are creating the pause.

Offline Tony45

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:04 AM »
Maytag Washing won't spin & drain unless open & close lid.   MAV7600AWW

My maytag washing has just started this problem.

No matter what cycle it is on when it get to the spin cycle the machine keeps agitating throughout the entire cycle and then stop with full load of water. I can turn dail to the spin cycle or open and close the lid and it will spin and drain like normal. But if no one is here to open and close the lid to start the machine spinning it just continues to agitate the entire cycle never draining.

Hope I am more clear :)

Offline Tony45

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »

Sounds like timer. I think he's saying that it just agitates the whole cycle til it gets to OFF, not thru OFF. Motor has to reverse direction for spin so if motor does not stop, it cannot reverse. Opening/closing lid pauses the motor and allows reversal for spin. Timer is what causes motor to pause and restart for spin.

Eric

Thank you Eric   I wasn't sure about the diagnostic I made since It and old maytag  and sorry for my poor english  :)   You well understand what I try to explain :)

Offline Tony45

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
I have replaced timers on Atlantis washers for this problem. The timer skips the pause that allows the motor to reverse direction for spin. By raising the lid you are creating the pause.

Thank you Bailay   I wasn't sure but now with two opinion going the same direction  I am more secure about my diagnostic.   :thanks:  :cheers:

Offline Tony45

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
You may already have it, but here it is...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzIiBNwRIV4NQ29MUDk4SXRtMkE/edit?usp=sharing

very informative AJ     :thanks:  :cheers: 

I will keep it for further reference