Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DMT300RFS/XAA OE Error  (Read 12623 times)

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Samsung DMT300RFS/XAA OE Error
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:41:32 PM »

Customer has the above dishwasher model with the OE error (heavy and quick lights flashing).
It does nothing but flash th error. I shut power, turned on and get error. No drain.
I held the buttons to enter diagnostics and turned the power on. It entered diagnostics for a second then started flashing again.
Since it seems stuck in this error mode, i believe the main board is bad.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline whjeffs

• Technician
Re: Samsung DMT300RFS/XAA OE Error
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 05:50:14 AM »
OE error on these is commonly caused by gunk built up in the float chamber on the left side of the tub. This causes the floats to stick. Pull it out, take side panel off and look at the float chamber. It will probably be filled with black gunk. Take it off the machine and clean it out real good. 99% of the time this is the fix for Samsung OE error.

Offline schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
I ended up replacing the float assembly and the flow meter. Both were gunked up. So far so good.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline domain

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 06:37:34 AM »
Flow meter does not contribute to an OE(Over level water error). YES the float assy does generate this error, however the float and switch do not. Remember seeing the two blue wires on the float assy? OE probes. O0 O0